Next Washington DC Workshop Date: Spring 2018
For details, or to reserve your spot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Desire Map
By Danielle LaPorte | Facilitated by Liz Strom
... where spirit meets matter as you aim for what you want in life.
Practical. Meaningful. Real.
The Deisre Map will help you turn your ambitions inside out.
You want it and you want it bad.
Aspiring. Hoping. Plotting. Recurring. Reaching. Bubbling beneath your surface.
You crave it — and it craves you. So you make a plan to get it. A to-do list. The bucket list. Quarterly objectives. Strategy. Accountability. The goal.
Except . . .
You’re not chasing the goal itself, you’re actually chasing a feeling.
We have the procedures of achievement upside down. We go after the stuff we want to have, get, accomplish, and experience outside of ourselves. And we hope, yearn, pray that we’ll be fulfilled when we get there. It’s backwards. It’s outside in. And it’s running us in circles.
What if, first, we got clear on how we actually wanted to feel in our life, and then we laid out our intentions? What if your most desired feelings consciously informed how you plan your day, your year, your career, your holidays — your life?
You know what will happen with that kind of inner clarity and outer action? You’ll feel the way you want to feel more often than not. Decisions will be easier to make: You’ll know what to say no, thank you to and what to say hell yes! to. I bet you’ll complain less. You’ll be more optimistic, more open-hearted. It will be easier for you to return to your center in the midst of a challenge — I promise.
You will do much less proving, and way more living.
And you will have more to give to the world.
Welcome to The Desire Map.
INTRODUCTION CLASS INFORMATION
"Make Better Choices": An Intro to The Desire Map; a Guide to Creating Goals with Soul
How do you want to feel when you wake up in the morning? When you get in the car? When you open the door at work? When you drop your kids off at school or take your dog for a walk? How do you want to feel when you walk into a room? Meet someone new? Have a creative breakthrough?
HOW DO YOU WANT TO FEEL?
This question posed by Danielle LaPorte in the best seller The Desire Map takes you to the heart of Desire Mapping and turns traditional goal setting inside out. Instead of talking about external goals, we talk about how we want to feel in the various parts of your life. Because when you get clear on how you want to feel, the pursuit of goals itself will become more satisfying.
"Make Better Choices" is an introduction to the Desire Mapping process. It’s a soul limbering process so you can start to tap into your feelings and get a sense if you want to go further. Because everyone deserves to have their deepest needs met, just because you showed up to life.
Date: Sunday, November 05, 2017
Location: Washington, D.C. (address will be given to confirmed attendees)
Total seats available: 7
Purchase your tickets here:
The Desire Map is holistic life planning. Here's how it works:
- We'll uncover your core desired feelings— they'll be your new North Star for living a soul-centered life
- You'll learn how to identify expectations you've picked up from your parents, the Joneses, the media, or the imaginary "they" you're always trying to impress
- We'll use guided reflections to go deep into what your soul is trying to tell you through your core desired feelings
- I'll show you how to tune into critical signals from your instincts, your body, and the people around you
- We'll apply Desire Mapping to all the major areas of your life—livelihood & lifestyle, body & wellness, creativity & learning, relationships & society, and essence & spirituality
- You'll learn how to create practical plans with daily, weekly, and monthly actions that will bring more and more of your core desired feelings into your life
- I'll be sharing poetry, stories, and inspirational truths to help you stay in touch with the sweetness of life
You'll make this process your own. It's not a one-size-fits-all deal. You'll create your Desire Map in the way that lets your soul speak loud and clear in every day of your life.
Feeling good along the way to your goals doesn't mean you won't need to work your ass off—but when you do, you'll do the work joyously. You'll be creating goals that are life-affirming, nourishing, practical, forgiving, and true to who you are.